This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Family, friends and food… that’s what December is all about for me. If I am being completely honest, the food may be my favorite part. I love creating yummy, easy dishes for holiday get-togethers that my loved ones can enjoy! I have been a long-time fan of 7 layer dip, and have made a few different versions over the years.
A couple weeks ago, I was thinking… what if I could pack all of the goodness of 7 layer dip into a tortilla, and make it into a 7 layer dip bowl? That would be amazing!
Turns out, I was right! These are amazing! here is how I did it.
7 Layer Dip Bowls
I took a 6″ flour tortilla, spooned in a tablespoon of Rosarita refried beans, followed by a tablespoon of ground beef cooked with Hunts petite diced tomatoes, followed by a heaping spoonful of RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies. I then sprinkled on some sliced black olives, topped it with shredded cheese, folded the tortilla on top, and secured I with toothpicks. I baked the 7 layer dip bowls for 12 minutes, and out came a bowl of amazingness!
These bowls are a wonderful combination of creaminess, saltiness, and a touch of spicy. If you want to impress your party-goers this holiday season, without a whole lot of effort, this is the way to go!
In order to save precious time (and money), without sacrificing flavor, I subbed in some ConAgra canned ingredients. I used Hunt’s diced tomatoes, RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies, and Rosarita refried beans.
To stay within my holiday budget, I bought all of my ingredients for this 7 layer dip bowls at Walmart. They have everything I need, in one place, which makes my holiday shopping easy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14.5 oz can Hunts petite diced tomatoes
- 12 flour tortillas (6" in diameter)
- 16 oz Rosarita traditional refried beans
- 8 oz RO*TEL diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 cup diced black olives
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Avocados
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 12 muffin tins with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Brown ground beef with Hunts petite diced tomatoes, until cooked through.
- Tuck flour tortillas into muffin tins. Spoon in a tablespoon each of beans, cooked ground beef, and RO*TEL. Sprinkle in a few diced black olives, then top with shredded cheese. Fold tortilla onto the top, and secure with 2 or 3 toothpicks.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes, or until tortilla is starting to brown.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and a slice of fresh avocado.
Like this recipe? Find more holiday recipes on Yes You Can Recipes!
Do you love 7 layer dip? What is your favorite Holiday recipe?
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.