Raw Strawberry Coconut Macaroons
(dairy free, egg free, gluten free, nut free, grain free)
The summer heat has hit my home full force! It has been close to 100 degrees for weeks and I am finding myself wanting to spend less and less time in the kitchen. Cooking is a big part of my life, as it is for many of us on nourishing food diets, but that doesn’t mean that you have to spend you summer days sweating over the stove in order to enjoy some delicious treats!
Here are some of the ways I like to cut back on the heat in my kitchen over the summer:
- Eat meals made of mostly fruits and vegetables like salads, cold soups, and smoothies.
- Use lower heat cooking options like a slow cooker or toaster oven.
- Make large portions one day and eat leftovers later so that you don’t have to cook every night.
- Save necessary baking, cooking, running the dishwasher and other high heat tasks for nighttime or early morning when the temperatures are lower.
That being said, I love to bake. More to the point, I love desserts, but after a long hot summer day I don’t want anything in my home to be 350 degrees!
These strawberry coconut macaroons are a perfect summer treat! They only take a couple of minutes to make, they are cold, and they require no baking whatsoever! My favorite part about this recipe is that it is so simple! It is a great option for a last minute, post-dinner dessert craving and they are packed with fruit and nourishing fats so they are good for you too!
So, next time you are in need of some cookies but the temperature outside is as hot as your oven skip the baking, pop this tasty treat in the freezer and go take a dip in the pool!
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 TBS of Honey
- 2 TBS of Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup of roughly chopped strawberries
- 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
Add all of your ingredients into a food processor blend until well combined. Scoop into small balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined plate or cookie sheet and place in the freezer for hour.
What are some of your tips for cutting down on cooking over the summer?
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.