I know… I know… I am always trying to get people to put random pantry items on their face. But I have good reason!
These wonderful plants that God put on this earth for us are jam-packed full of healthy goodness. And not just for ingesting, but for our skin as well!
My Aunt was kind enough to share with me one of her favorite facial routines: Carrot and Coconut Oil Face Mask
Combine the two, and you have a perfect, pantry face mask.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 carrot, washed with top removed
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
Here’s how you do it:
- Roughly chop carrot into 5 or so chunks
- Bring about 1″ of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add carrots, reduce heat to low, cover and steam for 8-10 minutes
- Drain water and add carrots to food processor or blender. Add coconut oil and blend until smooth, like a puree
- Wash face with olive oil or regular cleanser (but OCM is better for you… just saying)
- Apply face mask to face, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Allow to set about 15-20 minutes
- Pretend you’re a character on the Simpsons while you’re waiting. It’ll make the wait more enjoyable
- Wash face with warm water, and gently wipe off any remaining bits with a wash cloth.
- If you need a moisturizer, apply a little coconut oil or olive oil.
Here’s why it works:
In addition to being great for your health and eye sight when eaten, carrots are a natural antiseptic, and they are full of Beta-carotene and iron, which may help tone and clarify your skin. Carrots also may help reduce blemishes and moisturize dry skin. Coconut oil provides moisture, while reducing break-outs and eliminating bad oils from your face.
You will be left with glowing, moisturized, healthy and happy skin! Your skin tone should be more even, and fortunately, your Simpsons coloring will be short lived. The carrot orange will not dye your skin.
I plan on using this incredible face mask once a week to help keep my skin youthful, moisturized and radiant!