This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CreateWithHP #CollectiveBias
It is hard to believe that we are already approaching back-to-school time. It seems like just a few weeks ago that summer started! I work for a college as an accountant, and formerly as a budget analyst. It also wasn’t too long ago that I was a in school, so I remember all too well what it feels like to be a poor college student. One of the biggest hurdles I see (and experienced) in college students is that they don’t budget their income and expenses. To help college students, I have put together this free monthly college budget worksheet!Free-Printable-College-Budget-Worksheet
How to Prepare a Monthly College Budget Worksheet
Budgeting can seem like an intimidating process if you’re not used to it, but after a few cycles, it is easy to do, and can even be fun! Here is how to prepare a monthly college budget worksheet.
- Print out this free monthly college budget worksheet.
- Calculate what your monthly income is. Do you receive money from a job? Do your parents send money to help cover bills? Are you planning on using financial aid to help support your expenses? List down all of the income you expect to receive this month in the top Budget section of this college budget worksheet.
- List all of your expenses. I find it helpful to look at the last two month’s bank statements to get a good feel for how much each category requires a month. You may also find recurring expenses you didn’t think about, which can be included in your budget. If you haven’t used a checking account before, I recommend grabbing a small notebook to keep in your purse or car, and write down what you purchased and how much it cost, every time you spend money. Finding trends in your spending pattern can also help you find ways to save money!
- Total up your income, and drop it into the blue “Total Income” section near the bottom. Do the same for your expenses. Then subtract your expenses from your income to come up with your amount over / under. Now you have a budget! If you don’t have enough income to cover your expenses, brainstorm ways to either earn more money, or reduce your expenses, until you don’t have a shortage.
- As you go through the month, track your income and expenses and fill in the “Actual Amount” section. At the end of the month, see how much your budget varied from your expenses, and use that information to help prepare your budget for the following month.
Having the Right Supplies
To create and stick to your monthly budget, you will need a few supplies.
- Printer Paper
- A small notebook to keep track of expenses throughout the month
- A reliable printer, such as the HP Deskjet 3636. I find this printer is perfect for college students because it is an all-in-one printer with a great price point to fit a college budget. You can use the HP Deskjet 3636 to print, scan and copy from almost any mobile device, utilizing the wireless feature.
I also LOVE that HP has the option to easily recycle used Original HP cartridges at no cost through HP Planet Partners. It is easy to setup, so any college students will be able to unbox their HP Deskjet 3636 and start printing in a matter of minutes. It also comes in three beautiful colors: Vibrant red, Dragonfly Blue and Sporty Purple.
That’s it! That should be all you need to prepare a college budget worksheet.
Where to Buy
If you’re shopping on a college budget, the best place to go is Walmart!
Grab the all new HP Deskjet 3636, along with all of your other school supplies, at a great price at Walmart!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.