Rich… Decadent… Moisturizing… Shea Body Butter.
It’s incredibly moisturizing, creamy, absorbs easily into the skin, and isn’t as oily as straight coconut oil. It will leave your skin feeling gloriously healthy and smooth. Use it in place of chemical-laden lotion.
Trust me. You guys are going to want to try this.
Decadent Shea Body Butter
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup raw shea butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic olive oil
- 5-10 drops essential oil
Here’s how to do it:
1. In a double broiler, melt Shea butter and coconut oil.
2. Once melted, allow mixture to cool 30 minutes.
4. In a stand-mixer or with a hand-mixer, whip until Shea butter gets a butter-like texture.
5. Transfer to a clean glass jar, and apply as you would lotion. A little goes a long way!
About the Ingredients:
- Shea Butter: May help heal burns, sores, scars, dermatitis, psoriasis, and may help diminish wrinkles by moisturizing the skin.
- Coconut Oil: May strengthen underlying tissue, while removing excessive dead skin cells. It is an antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal, and contains antioxidants that may help skin cell regeneration.
- Olive Oil: Has gentle moisturizing benefits, may help skin irritations such as eczema and psoriasis, and leaves skin feeling and looking youthful.
- Essential Oils: Essential oils may have tremendous skin benefits, from anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties.
- No toxic ingredients: Everything in this wonderful skin moisturizer is organic, and naturally derived from plants. There are no chemicals, or other strange ingredients in this shea body butter. That is something to feel good about!!
*Additional details: Does not need to be refrigerated. Keep in a cool place. Should keep at least 3 months (but you’ll love it so much, it won’t last that long 🙂
Looking for other homemade lotions?
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.