There is this terrific program created by theleangreenbean.com that I have fallen completely in love with. Do you remember when you were in elementary school and your teacher would assign you pen pals from across the country/world? It was the best!! Pen pals were very cool.
The Lean Green Bean has created a Foodie Pen Pals program. What?! Pen pal + food = the most amazing invention ever!! It is pure genius!
Here is how it works: You sign up before the first of the month, then on the 5th of the month, Lindsay (the creator of the program) pairs you with another “foodie”. You send a wonderful box filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written.
You don’t receive a box from the same person you send it to, so you get the pleasure of virtually meeting two different individuals from across our nation. On the last day of the month, if you’re a blogger, you publish your Foodie Box on your blog to share with the blogging community.
I had soo much fun putting together a FPP box for Amanda in New York! To see what I sent her, check out her fun website here.
My package this month came from Mariana in Tennessee, and she put together a fantastic box for me!! You can check out Mariana’s blog here!
It came with:
- Patak’s Tikka Masala Curry Simmer Sauce: absolutely incredible. It had a subtle curry flavor, with notes of lime and a creamy tomato base. I will need to find this sauce locally, or figure out how to duplicate it!
- Trader Joe’s Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant and Garlic: opening it, I knew it would be amazing by how it smelled! I am a huge fan of garlic and really like eggplant and red peppers, so this was a perfect spread.
- Trader Joe’s Yogurt Covered Raisins: I don’t normally eat raisins, but these were delicious! They are the perfect snack to keep in your desk at work to curb those mid-morning vending machine cravings.
- Wild Garden Hummus Dip: I love hummus. Okay, that is an understatement. Hummus is so perfect paired with fresh veggies, and this portable Hummus Dip is the perfect thing to throw in my purse or carry to work for a quick snack!
- Trader Joe’s Milk Chocolate covered Toffee Popcorn: My daughter’s personal favorite of the bunch, this popcorn is so delicious! I am savoring it slowly, eating a few pieces at a time.
I wanted to share a few pictures of the food in action. Here is the yummy Patak’s Tikka Masala Curry Simmer Sauce cooked with some chicken breasts:
And Elle decided she was going to take off with the popcorn in the middle of the photo shoot. Can’t say I blame her.
Thanks again, Mariana!! I absolutely loved everything! You did a wonderful job of picking out the perfect foodie box for me!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.