This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
I was so excited to discover that the Minions movie was released on December 8th! I thought it would be fun to plan a mommy/daughter movie night, create a homemade queso dip recipe, and watch the Minions© 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
I was wanting to take my daughter, Elle, to see the Minions movie when it was in theater, but her brother was still a newborn, so I was really excited to set aside some time for the two of us to watch it together at home.
Elle and I went shopping to pick up supplies to create our homemade queso dip, and we also grabbed the Blu-Ray/DVD Minions movie. We are both big fans of the Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 movies, which was created by Illumination Entertainment. Since we both adore the little minions, I thought it would be fun to turn our queso into a minion for movie night! Isn’t he cute?
This homemade queso dip recipe is pretty easy to make, and it tastes great! If you have a child old enough to help in the kitchen, there are many fun ways they can contribute to help create this dish. They can help shred the cheese, add the chips to the bowl, and of course, help put together the minion face!
Once your homemade queso is ready, pop the Minions movie in your dvd or blu-ray player, turn down the lights, and snuggle with your little one. Get ready for a clever, humorous and entertaining movie!
- 2 tbsp butter
- Half an onion, diced
- 1 - 3 jalapenos, stems and seeds removed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice of mozzarella or other white cheese
- sliced olives
- In a pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add in diced onions and jalapenos, and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add in garlic and saute another 30 seconds. Sprinkle in flour and stir well. Slowly add in half and half, whisking vigorously to smooth out the flour without creating any lumps.
- Once the half and half is all incorporated, bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Quickly add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a small rectangular serving dish while still hot.
- Cut a circle out of the mozzarella cheese and place in the top-center of the dish. Top with a sliced black olive to create the eye. Use pieces of sliced olives to form the straps for the minion's goggles, hair, and smile.
- Serve with chips, and enjoy!
To grab your Blu-Ray/DVD of the Minions movie, or find a retailer near you that sells it, visit their website!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.