There is this terrific program created by theleangreenbean.com that I have fallen completely in love with. Do you remember when you were in elementary school and your teacher would assign you pen pals from across the country/world? It was the best!! Pen pals were very cool.
The Lean Green Bean has created a Foodie Pen Pals program. What?! Pen pal + food = the most amazing invention ever!! It is pure genius!
Here is how it works: You sign up before the first of the month, then on the 5th of the month, Lindsay (the creator of the program) pairs you with another “foodie”. You send a wonderful box filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written.
You don’t receive a box from the same person you send it to, so you get the pleasure of virtually meeting two different individuals from across our nation. On the last day of the month, if you’re a blogger, you publish your Foodie Box on your blog to share with the blogging community.
My box this month was sent by Alex all the way in Iowa! Alex is a blogger at Alex Tries it Out – she is a runner, blogger, designer, and a bit of a geek, so go by and check her site out 🙂
Here’s what she sent!
- Peanut Butter & Co – White Chocolate Wonderful: This all natural peanut butter and white chocolate blend is impressive. It only has a few ingredients: peanuts, evaporated cane juice, vanilla, cocoa butter, palm fruit oil, lecithin (from sunflowers) and salt. It also happens to be incredibly tasty. We have had it for a little under 2 weeks, and there is only about a tablespoon left. Elle and I have pretty much eaten the whole jar 🙂
- Gino’s Spaghetti Sauce: Straight from her home state of Iowa, this all natural Spaghetti sauce is incredible. It is by far the best jarred spaghetti sauce I have ever had. It has the perfect blend of spices, and doesn’t require any doctoring. I am planning to look to see if that company ships nationally!
- Vita Coco – Pure Coconut Water with Mango & Peach: This hilarious drink boasts: “More potassium than a banana (don’t tell the monkeys)” and “No fat and no cholesterol (means big hearts & small butts)”. It’s simply made from coconut water, mango and peach puree and vitamin C. It is packed with electrolytes and helps keep the body hydrated.
- Popchips – Jalapeno Potato: I told Alex that I LOVE spicy food, and she delivered! These baked (not fried) “chips” have no preservatives, no artificial flavors or colors, they’re vegan and gluten free. They’re flavorful, crunchy and filling. I hadn’t heard of this snack before, but you can guarantee it is now on my list of favorite healthy snacks!
- Good Greens – Chocolate Coconut Bar: An all natural, coconut and chocolate treat — I confess, I haven’t eaten it yet, because I have been saving it. It looks decadent, with the added benefit of being healthy and sweet at the same time. That’s a huge win in my book!
Alex put together a delightfully considerate foodie box for me! I really appreciated that everything was healthy and free from junky preservatives, dyes, and other bad ingredients. I love everything!
Thanks so much for the wonderful box, Alex!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.