This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Evenings around my house are a whirlwind! After getting off of work and picking up my kids from school and daycare, it seems like there is long to-do list once we arrive home. There is homework, dinner, and baths that all have to happen before I get the kids into a bedtime routine. In an effort to save time (i.e., survive), I try to keep my dinner recipes under 30 minutes.
One of the best 30-minute recipes I created this week was my Mexican Egg Roll recipe. I combined Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas with a ton of fresh veggies, piled them into an egg roll wrapper, and baked them until crisp. It turned out to be such an easy recipe that packed in a ton of flavor. My whole family loved them!
My secret to making these Mexican Egg Rolls in only 30 minutes is to use Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas. Smithfield Marinated 100% pork products adds fantastic, developed flavors to a dish, while saving time.
I simply added the carnitas to a slow cooker with a little bit of water, and set it on low in the morning. By evening, my house smells delicious and I am 25 minutes away from the best homemade Mexican Egg Roll recipe.
- 1 package marinated pork
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, stem removed and chopped (optional)
- 1 head red cabbage, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Place Smithfield Seasoned Carnitas in a slow cooker on low with 1/2 cup of water, for 6 - 8 hours. Shred carnitas meat.
- 30 minutes before carnitas are done, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. add in onion, carrots and jalapenos, and saute for 6 - 8 minutes, until they start to soften. Add in cabbage and tomatoes and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor, and pulse 2 - 3 times. Return mixture back to pan. Add in carnitas meat, corn, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add 1.5 tbsp of carnitas mixture to the center of an egg roll wrapper. Moisten edge of egg roll wrapper with water, then roll and seal. Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Transfer rolled egg rolls onto a baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and bake in preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
Smithfield Marinated Pork comes in a variety of options for other quick and tasty dinners: Sweet & Smoky Boneless Roast, Homestyle Boneless Roast, Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Tenderloin, and of course, their Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas.
I find it so convenient to have a marinated roast in the fridge or freezer, ready to pair up with fresh veggies for a healthy and delicious dinner for my family.
I used my coupon and shopped at Walmart to find the best deals, and ensure I stayed within my weekly grocery and household supply budget.
If you want to try out Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas, be sure to grab this coupon to save $1 off of 1 NEW Marinated product.
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.