The weather has been gorgeous (albeit, a bit hot) lately, and I have wanted to spend all of my time outside! We have been gardening, grilling and having friends over for dinner and drinks!
My husband and I have good friends, the Newberrys, who frequently invite us to their house for dinner. They are great cooks and gracious hosts, so we wanted to return the favor, and have them over to our house for an evening of Mexican food! We sent them an invitation, along with their niece Jackie, who is in a graduate program at the college. We also invited our neighbor, Jason, in order to make it a fun and festive evening!
I love cooking food for other people, and will grab any opportunity to do so 🙂 I found this beautiful, vibrant and bright decor at Pier 1, and knew it would be perfect for some of my favorite Mexican dishes, and Sangria!
Pier 1 has their new Outdoor Collection available, and we found so many decorations that we wanted! They have everything from bright and cheerful chair cushions with matching pillows, to outdoor rugs, to gardening trinkets. I saw these adorable herb markers that I thought would go perfect in my garden!
In the end, I decided to buy:
- Scattered Daisy Square Bistro Chair Cushions – I loved the vibrant and cheerful colors. The back side has a striped pattern, so you can choose which side suits your decor!
- Summer Quench Acrylic Pitcher – I saw this picture and it just screamed “Sangria!” to me. I couldn’t not buy it.
- Stackable Acrylic Goblet Set – Bright, beautiful and a ton of fun.
- Teal Gem Table Scatter – A very inexpensive decor idea that added some more interesting elements to the table. And plus, after dinner was over, the party guests used the table scatters to spell out their names – so we’ll file that under decor/entertainment!
- Whimsy Bright Paper Dessert Plates – Since I was serving appetizers, these cheerful plates were the perfect size!
- Whimsy Bright Buffet Napkins – These napkins matched the motif of the party, and they were big and durable – which is a huge plus around my 3-year-old.
- Sunny Floral Melamine Platter – This platter is huge, and perfect to hold an assortment of appetizers!
- Sul Bowl & Tray Set – Since we were having a Mexican-themed party, this was the perfect vessel for a trio of Mexican dips!
After everyone ate, we had the chance to catch up and enjoy the beautiful weather. It was fairly warm outside, with a cool breeze, so it wasn’t stifling. You may notice in the picture below, there is a wayward colorful umbrella hanging out on the left. The cool breeze was a bit strong, and those umbrellas didn’t stand a chance.
1. It gave Elle something fun to do: chase flying umbrellas.
2. Once the flying umbellas were found, they became a table decor.
These little guys are also available at Pier 1, here. It seems like we did something else with the umbrellas… what was it again?
Oh yeah… this.
Everyone present had a wonderful time! I am hoping we’ll make this a monthly tradition during these warm months to come!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.