I have a busy schedule, but when I do get time to unwind, one of my favorite ways to relax is by cooking amazing dinners, and pairing it with a glass (or two) of wine. This past weekend, in between a light parade, a final exam and the weekend chores, I found myself with 3 unclaimed hours so I wanted to make good use of them!
I love to create homemade pizzas, but with different toppings than the traditional pepperoni. I had been craving an homemade pizza, and thought that an alfredo pizza topped with crispy pancetta and sliced mushrooms sounded heavenly, so I picked up the ingredients and had them ready for Saturday night’s dinner.
I also grabbed a bottle of VOVETI prosecco, which pairs delightfully with pancetta. VOVETI prosecco is my new favorite sparkling white wine. It is affordable (around $15 a bottle), while still being high quality and upscale. It is a craft Italian prosecco with a creamy texture, plenty of bubbles and tastes like a blend of green apples, ripe peaches and melons. It is a wonderfully refreshing way to indulge after a long day!
VOVETI wine is made by the Collavini family and the Ferrer family, combining to bring 4 generations of sparkling wine expertise. They only produce 15,000 cases of VOVETI annually, making this a special treat.
I opened the bottle of VOVETI prosecco, poured a glass, turned up my music and got to making my pancetta, alfredo and mushroom pizza. There is something so therapeutic and comforting about creating specialty pizzas from scratch. Of course, the VOVETI prosecco helps set up anyone for a good mood, but the whole experience is cathartic.
Once my pizza was done, I poured a second glass, grabbed a few slices, and had an amazing dinner. This is what makes all of the chaotic days worth it. This moment.
- For the Crust
- 1/4 oz active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz pancetta
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- For the Crust
- In a large bowl, combine active dry yeast and warm water, and allow to set for 10 minutes. Add in flour, olive oil and salt, and mix well to form a dough. Leave dough in bowl and cover with a towel and allow to rise until double in size, about 30 - 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured pizza stone or baking sheet. Use a lightly floured rolling pin or glass to roll dough out to form a pizza crust. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove.
- For the Sauce
- While the dough is baking, melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in heavy cream, and bring to a boil. Add in grated Parmesan cheese, remove from heat, and stir until cheese has melted and sauce is thick.
- For the Toppings
- Lightly fry pancetta in a skillet until crisp. Allow to partially cool, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Spoon a layer of the alfredo sauce onto the partially baked pizza crust (you will likely have some sauce leftover). Top evenly with pancetta and sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle on remaining 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until crust is cooked all the way through and cheese is melted and starting to brown.
Have you ever tried VOVETI prosecco? What delicious dinner would you pair with a sparkling white wine?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.