With rainy, snowy and colder weather coming our way, I have been thinking of different rainy day activities for kids to keep them entertained indoors! No one likes to feel cooped-up, and with some creativity and these games, you’ll be able to weather any weather that keeps you and the kiddos inside 🙂
I have teamed up with 6 other amazing mothers to bring you 28 rainy day activities for kids that’ll we know you will love!
Learn to Say Hello in Other Languages
Learning how to communicate in other languages is a great teaching tool for children and adults! Here is a video on how to say “hello” in 30 different languages. You can watch this, and then turn it into a game! Who can remember the most ways to say hello?
Pedicures are so much fun for little girls. My 5-year-old loves having her toe nails painted! Let your little one pick out their favorite colors, lay an old towel on the floor, and turn your living room into a mini-spa! You can soak your feet in a healing foot soak to really make it feel special!
Organize All the Toys
Yes – organizing can be fun! Get your kids involved and have them separate their toys into a keep, give away, sell and toss pile. Once you have everything they want to keep, separate those toys into different categories (stuffed animals, legos, Frozen dolls, etc). I like to follow the 60/30/10 rule, in which we keep 60%, sell 30% and give away 10%. Toss any cheap toys that don’t work and are beyond repair. Any money that is earned from selling can go into your child’s savings accounts.
Make a Snow Globe
My daughter loves snow globes, and she recently watched a Crafty Carol video that shows how to make snow globes using a mason jar! Watch the video below to learn how to make a snow globe using common supplies around your house:
Check out these other sites for 24 more rainy day activities for kids!
- Wondermom Wannabe – Lip sync battle, hide and seek item, missing item memory games, and indoor obstacle course
- Sandy Toes Creations – Indoor teepee, LEGO city, paper airplanes, magic show
- Savvy Sweet Life – Laundry basket boat, dance party, paper bag puppets, and balloon play
- My Learning Table – Be a detective, prepare a special meal together, build a blanket fort and watch the bird
- The Write Balance – Indoor scavenger hunt, baking, board games marathon, and simple race track
- Little Family Adventure – Puzzles, indoor snow ball fight with yarn snowballs, can/bottle bowling, and indoor smores
Do you have any rainy day activities for kids ideas? Share them in the comments below!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.