I found myself with quite a bit of cauliflower this week, and I wanted to do something a little bit more special than just steaming it (not that there’s anything wrong with that). As any one from the millennial generation would do, I turned to my friends on Facebook and asked for their favorite cauliflower recipe. I was overwhelmed by the incredible dish ideas they shared! I have a feeling I will be making a lot of them in the coming weeks.
One idea, in particular, stood out. Maybe it was due to the fact that “bacon” was thrown in there, or perhaps it’s because it was shared by a friend who went to culinary school and always shares incredible-looking food, but I had to go with it. She said her favorite way to prepare cauliflower is sautéed with bacon. When I read it, a beautiful, bright light bulb signaled in my head and said “pay attention!”.
I have prepared brussel sprouts sautéed with bacon, so I followed a similar recipe, but used cauliflower as the veggie.
(and then I threw in some wine… because wine makes everything better.)
And… wow. You’ve gotta try it.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 pieces of thin bacon
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut florets from cauliflower stock and dice into medium-small pieces.
- In a skillet, cook bacon slices until cooked through and brown. Remove bacon, set aside, and reserve grease in skillet. Once bacon is cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- Over medium heat, add diced cauliflower to bacon grease and sauté until starting to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add wine and chicken broth, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower has started to soften, about 10 more minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Top with reserved crumbled bacon.
Inspire me! What is your favorite cauliflower dish?
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.