This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
My favorite thing about holidays and special occasions is the food. I know that may sound crazy, but I love to create tasty appetizers and meals for the people I love.
The Big Game is happening soon, and I am already planning out the menu! In addition to buffalo wings and chips and salsa, I wanted to create chipotle pepper, bacon and potato stuffed tortilla cups!
To make these stuffed tortilla cups, I started by cooking a couple pieces of bacon, then setting that aside. I sauteed a mirepoix, which is a blend of onions, carrots and celery, in the bacon grease. This makes a flavorful base for almost any savory dish.
I added chopped potatoes, and sauteed until al dente. Then I added LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo – 7 oz can for a spicy and smoky flavor that gives it a unique latino twist!
I love using LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo because as the leader in chiles and peppers, they provide premium authentic Mexican flavors. They’ve been importing their high quality products into the US for over 35 years, and are a trusted brand.
I let the mix simmer in chicken broth and a little heavy cream until absorbed.
For the next step, I added small flour tortillas to the muffin tins. Then I spooned in healthy servings of the chipotle peppers, bacon and potato mix, and topped it with cheese.
The stuffed tortilla cups went into the oven for about 12 minutes, and came out crispy, golden brown, and absolutely delicious.
Chipotle Peppers, Bacon & Potato Stuffed Tortilla Cups
- 2 pieces bacon
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add carrots, onion and celery to bacon grease and cook 3 - 5 minutes. Add in potatoes and chipotle peppers and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in chicken broth, half and half, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until veggies have absorbed all the liquids. Remove from heat.
- Cut tortillas so they fit into the muffin tins. Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds, so they're pliable and easy to fit into the tins. Place tortillas into tins, and fill with 1 - 2 tbsp of potato mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 14 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned. Top with a dollop of sour cream.
I picked up all the ingredients to make my favorite Big Game appetizers at Walmart, which is where I always find the lowest prices!
Here is another great idea for finger foods for party!
What are your favorite Big Game appetizers to make? Share them in the comments below!