This recipe is not for the faint of heart.
If you need a drink of water after eating Spicy Nacho Doritos, this recipe is not for you. Also, please don’t eat Spicy Nacho Doritos. They’re bad for you.
These sweet and spicy drumsticks aren’t messing around. They bring a perfect balance of savory, sweet and spicy in one juicy, satisfying bite.
And yes, that is an entire half cup of sriracha. It seems insane, I know, but trust me on this. The vinegar and jam tone down the srirachi to where it’s the perfect amount of heat.
Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks:
- 10 large chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup sriracha
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup jam (I used Elderberry, but any sweet jam should work)
- 1 tbsp hoisin
- Rinse and pat dry drumsticks and transfer to a large bowl. Salt generously, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and cornstarch. Dredge raw chicken in flour mix and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake drumsticks for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes, until internal temperature has reached a minimum165 degrees.
- When there is 20 minutes left, whisk together sriracha, rice wine vinegar, white wine, jam, and hoisin in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- When drumsticks are cooked, toss them with the sriracha sauce and place them back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Recipe inspired by: Bon Appetit
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.