Does your little one love the stars, moon, and space? Here are 20 space activities for kids that will educate and entertain them!
A Trip to the Planetarium
I recently took my 7-year-old to the planetarium, where we learned about comets, asteroids, and the planets that are in our galaxy.
I honestly haven’t had any kind of astronomy lesson since I was close to my daughter’s age, and I found it fascinating! Seeing how massive our solar system sure puts things in perspective.
Creating While Learning
Both of my children are creators. They love coloring and painting any chance they get, but they also love to create!
Since we spent last weekend learning so much about space, I thought it would be a good idea to look for space activities for kids, to get them really engaged while we learned more!
20 Space Activities for Kids
Here are 20 of the most creative space activities for kids of all ages.
- I Heart Crafty Things – Marbled Planets
- Powerful Mothering – My Name in Space Craft
- A Dab of Glue Will Do – Foil Printed Moon Craft
- Stay at Home Educator – Space Rocket Craft That Teaches Shapes and Geometry
- Gift of Curiosity – DIY Astronaut Glove Box
- Fun a Day – Space Themed Fizzing Planets
- Pink Stripey Socks – Pie Plate Solar System
- And Next Comes L – Yarn Wrapped Planets
- Rainy Day Mum – Space Themed Craft About One of Jupiter’s Moons
- Learn Play Imagine – Erupting Moon Dust Prewriting Activity
- Kids Activity Blog – Constellation Sewing Cards
- Mrs. Plemon’s Kindergarten – Star Stamping
- The Imagination Tree – Galaxy Play Dough
- Handmade Charlotte – DIY Constellation Flashlight Discs
- Simply Learning Kids – Oreo Moon Phase Matching Printable
- I Heart Crafty Things – Space Shuttle Craft
- Teachers Pay Teachers – Order of the Planets Mnemonic Free Printable
- Fun a Day – Space Sensory Bin
- Mom Dot – DIY Nebula Jar
- Mama of Littles – Asteroid Toss
Do you have any space activities for kids that you’d love? Share them in the comments below!