Uses for Coconut Oil
There are few things in life as versatile and useful as coconut oil. If you’re into holistic healing and chemical-free beauty products, odds are you’re a fanatical user of coconut oil, like I am. Oh man, I love this stuff.
Coconut oil may boost your thyroid, increase your metabolism, support your immune system, and may help you optimize your body weight. 1
There are tons of uses for coconut oil.
Body Care Uses:
- Use in place of lotion, or make your own whipped coconut oil
- Use it to make your own lip balm
- Use it as a face moisturizer
- Make a moisturizing face mask with coconut oil and carrots
- Make your own deep conditioner for your hair
- Make a decadent body scrub
- Apply to eczema and psoriasis spots
- Make your own deodorant
- Cure a yeast infection
- Make your own non-harmful sunscreen
- Eat a spoonful when needing an energy boost
- Eat a spoonful with vitamins to help absorption
- Combat indigestion by eating a spoonful
- Nursing mothers can ingest 2 tbsp a day to help boost milk supply and enrich milk
- Use in place of vegetable oils while cooking – coconut oil can tolerate higher temperatures than olive oil
- Replace other non-healthy oils in baking recipes
- Clean paint brushes
- Shine your houseplant’s leaves
- Coconut oil is a natural sunscreen
- Detail the inside of your car, chemical free!
- Use it to clean the inside of dog’s ears
Things to Consider:
When picking out a coconut oil, opt for an unrefined, organic and virgin. This type of coconut oil has been minimally processed, which means you get the full benefit of the healing, healthy properties that coconut oil has to offer!
For more ways to use Coconut Oil, check out Delicious Obsessions comprehensive list!
Are you a fan of coconut oil? What are your favorite uses for coconut oil?