Want to learn more about BeautyCounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel, how it works, and see some before and after photos? This post has everything you need to know!
I usually share homemade facial recipes here, but I recently discovered an at-home peel that has done wonders for my face (which is great, since I am getting married in 3 months!).
I’ve been using BeautyCounter’s Overnight Resurfacing Peel for the last 3 months and have had smoother, brighter skin with fewer (almost none, tbh) breakouts.
Since this has grown to be my favorite beauty routine product, I wanted to share it with you and give you the opportunity to try it free (keep reading below to find out how).
What is BeautyCounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel
BeautyCounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel is an at-home, leave-on AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) / BHA (beta hydroxy/salicylic acid) facial peel.
This facial peel is used to help improve overall skin texture, while reducing the appearance of pores, dark spots, and fine lines.
Some people have likened it to “botox in a bottle”, but without any injections!
Can I get an AHA/BHA Peel from Other Manufactuers?
Yep! There are lots of companies that sell AHA/BHA cleansers, exfoliators, and face cleansers. The reason I stick with BeautyCounter’s peel is the purity of their ingredients.
It is safer than other brands because it is formulated without any synthetic fragrances, PEGs (polyethylene glycols — or petroleum based compounds) and formaldehyde-based preservatives.
What ingredients are in the Resurfacing Peel
This peel is made with 15 botanically-derived acids, including Glycolic, lactic, malic acid, hyaluronic acid, and essential fatty acids. We’ll talk more in detail about what each acid is and how it benefits the skin later.
Other ingredients include:
- Raspberry Seed Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Orange Peel Oil
- Bergamot Fruit Oil
How does the Peel Work
There are varying levels of chemical peels, and they work by exfoliating the facial skin. The acids in the peel benefit the skin in a variety of ways, and each acid is derived from natural botanical sources.
- Lactic Acid – lightweight and gentle, it helps smooth skin, helps with minor wrinkles, and good at treating hyper-pigmentation and other skin discolorations. (source)
- Glycolic Acid – this is a stronger acid that helps smooth the texture of the skin, increase collagen production, and brighten skin tones. It can also help with acne scars and reducing wrinkles. (source)
- Citric Acid – Helps with reducing dark spots, and signs of aging, such as wrinkles. This acid also helps stimulate collagen production. (source)
- Linoleic Acid – helps build ceramides – which is one of the skin’s main moisturizing elements. It helps the skin build a stronger barrier to keep irritants out and water in. It can also help with acne breakouts. (source)
- Malic Acid – helps exfoliate away impurities on the skin and in the pores, promotes shedding of the outer layer of the skin, and helps balance internal pH levels in the body. (source)
- Salicylic Acid – great for treating acne, because it is oil-soluble, helping it get into pores where they can dissolve any debris. This acid is also great for freckles, warts, and melasma. (source)
- Hydroxystearic Acid – a natural emollient that helps improve the texture of the skin. It is also has thickening properties, which may help the overall application of the peel. (source)
- Phytic Acid – extends skin moisturizing and helps reduce wrinkles, while accelerating the rejuvenation of skin cells. It has been shown as an effective treatment for melasma and acne. (source)
- Asorbic Acid – aka – a form of Vitamin C has powerful antioxidants and improves the appearance of aging skin. It can also even out skin tone. (source)
- Tartaric Acid – great for smoothing out the texture of the facial skin. (source)
What are the Benefits of Using Overnight Resurfacing Peel
You can read the exhaustive benefits of each acid in the section above, but I’ll highlight some of the benefits you may experience while regularly using BeautyCounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel:
- Smooth Skin Texture
- Reduce Existing Wrinkles
- Treat Hyper-pigmentation
- Treat Other Discolorations
- Brighten Skin Tones
- Reduce Acne Scars
- Reduce Acne Breakouts
- Increase Collagen Production
- Reduce Dark Spots
- Reduce Signs of Aging
- Increase Skin Moisture
- Lighten Freckles
- Rejuvenate Skin Cells
- Treat Melasma
How to Use BeautyCounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel
Clean face thoroughly and dry gently with a clean towel. Apply 1 to 2 pumps to the face and the neck.
Allow the resurfacing peel to sit on the skin until it’s fully absorbed – about 3 – 5 minutes.
You don’t need to rinse it off. Follow with a nourishing moisturizer. (My current fav moisturizer is the Ultra Hydrating Gel Moisturizer from Trader Joes)
Repeat up to 3 – 4 times per week.
How Long Does a Bottle of the Resurfacing Peel Last?
The longevity of the bottle will of course depend on how many pumps you use and how frequently you use it.
I started using my bottle in the middle of February. Each application, I use 2 pumps and apply it to my face and neck. I follow this regimen 3 times per week. I still have about half of my bottle left, so I estimate one bottle will last about 6 months.
BeautyCounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel Before and After
I am in a Facebook group with a beautiful woman named Sarah, who shared a picture of her skin before and after using BeautyCounter Overnight Peel and Vitamin C Oil.
These pictures are 3 days apart! She says she alternated the overnight peel with vitamin C oil. She also mentioned that she hasn’t felt this great in her skin in over 10 years.
Thanks to Sarah for giving me permission to share these results here. The results are pretty amazing, right?
Still on the Fence? Try a Sample for Free!
If you’re still on the fence about ordering this resurfacing peel, I totally get it. It’s on the pricey side and I find that many women (especially moms) feel uncertain about investing in products that are for just themselves.
If you want to try out the overnight resurfacing peel before committing to purchase it, I can send you a free sample. Just shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get one send to you!
Ready to try it? You can order your 6-month supply from BeautyCounter!