If you’re looking for a recipe for Clean Eating Banana Muffins you’ve found it!
Like most kids, my kids love all things sweet. It can be challenging selecting foods for them, because there is SO MUCH processed foods in grocery stores. I have a rule that we don’t purchase anything with artificial flavors, colors, or high fructose corn syrup. This rules out a large majority of the foods in the snack isle.
My daughter still wants to try the packaged snacks, so I always remind her that we can make anything she sees at the store. 🙂
One of her favorite homemade treats is clean eating banana muffins. They satisfy her sweet tooth, while satisfying my desire to feed her real food.
Clean Eating Banana Muffins
Here is how I make muffins for my family. They’re sweetened with bananas and maple syrup. They make a great breakfast, snack, or side for a lunchbox.
I prefer to make mini muffins, as they seem to be easily manageable for my 2-year-old. I’ve included instructions on baking time for both mini and regular muffins.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup organic all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease muffin pan.
- Combine butter and maple syrup in a large bowl. Add in eggs, beating well after each addition. Add in bananas and mix. Add in baking soda, vanilla extract, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Slowly add in flour, combining completely after each addition.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins, then bake in preheated oven:
- Mini muffin pan: bake 15 - 17 minutes
- Regular muffin pan: bake 22 - 25 minutes
Clean Eating Banana Muffins Video
If you’re a visual learner, here is a quick video that shows the steps to making clean eating banana muffins.
In this video, you can also see the eggs from my chickens! They started laying in December and produce both brown and white eggs. Chickens make fun pets 🙂
Pin it: Clean Eating Banana Muffins
Once you try these muffins, you’ll want to make them again and again! Click on the image below to pin it to your favorite bread board!
Looking for more clean eating recipes? I’ve got you covered! Check out:
I hope you love these clean eating banana muffins!