This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias
You know how the first few weeks of the new school year are chaotic and crazy, and it seems like your to-do list gets bigger, instead of smaller? That has been my life for the past several weeks! On top of school starting, we have been out of town for the past few weekends, and it has been hard to catch up.
Unfortunately, one of the first things to go out the window when times get crazy busy is homemade meals. The problem with eating out in lieu of healthier homemade meals is that I start feeling sluggish, my clothes don’t fit as well, and I spend a lot more money. When I finally realized that my family had been eating out too frequently these past few weeks, I decided to go to the store and stock up on my favorite healthy ingredients, so I would have no excuse to go through the drive-thru.
For Sunday night dinner, I paired my mushrooms with boneless, skinless chicken breasts; fresh tomatoes, and whole grains to make a wonderful creamy chicken and mushroom pasta! I thought the mushrooms and chicken would go wonderfully with a creamy Parmesan sauce, and ooh, was I right!
I l0ve this recipe because it is made with wholesome ingredients, and is still hearty and satisfying. This reminds me of an elevated mac and cheese dish, which is one of my kid’s favorite dishes. They loved this creamy chicken and mushroom pasta so much, we will be adding it to our monthly rotation of dinners.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz whole grain pasta
- Fresh basil and chopped tomatoes for garnish
- Warm olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika. Add to pan and sauté until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Remove from pan, slice and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add whole grain pasta, and cook according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain.
- In the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes, adding a little more olive oil, if necessary. Sauté over medium heat until soft, then add chicken back in. Pour in half and half and bring to a boil. Add in Parmesan cheese, remove from heat, and stir well.
Watch how it’s Made!
Want to see a step-by-step video on how to make creamy chicken and mushroom pasta? Here you go!
Check out these other quick, easy and wholesome dinner ideas:
Leave a comment: What ingredients do you buy in bulk, and why?