Rich… Decadent… Moisturizing… Shea Body Butter.
It’s incredibly moisturizing, creamy, absorbs easily into the skin, and isn’t as oily as straight coconut oil. It will leave your skin feeling gloriously healthy and smooth. Use it in place of chemical-laden lotion.
Trust me. You guys are going to want to try this.
Decadent Shea Body Butter
Here’s how to do it:
1. In a double boiler, melt Shea butter and coconut oil.
2. Once melted, allow mixture to cool 30 minutes.
4. In a stand-mixer or with a hand-mixer, whip until Shea butter gets a butter-like texture.
5. Transfer to a clean glass jar, and apply as you would lotion. A little goes a long way!
Shea Body Butter
A moisturizing, creamy body butter that is easily absorbed into the skin.
In a double boiler, melt Shea butter and coconut oil.
Once melted, allow mixture to cool 30 minutes.
Add olive oil and any essential oils, mix, then put mixture into the freezer until it is just starting to solidify, about 20-30 minutes.
In a stand-mixer or with a hand-mixer, whip until Shea butter gets a butter-like texture.
Transfer to a clean glass jar, and apply as you would lotion. A little goes a long way!
About the Ingredients:
- Shea Butter: May help heal burns, sores, scars, dermatitis, psoriasis, and may help diminish wrinkles by moisturizing the skin.
- Coconut Oil: May strengthen underlying tissue, while removing excessive dead skin cells. It is an antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal, and contains antioxidants that may help skin cell regeneration.
- Olive Oil: Has gentle moisturizing benefits, may help skin irritations such as eczema and psoriasis, and leaves skin feeling and looking youthful.
- Essential Oils: Essential oils may have tremendous skin benefits, from anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties.
- No toxic ingredients: Everything in this wonderful skin moisturizer is organic, and naturally derived from plants. There are no chemicals, or other strange ingredients in this shea body butter. That is something to feel good about!!
*Additional details: Does not need to be refrigerated. Keep in a cool place. Should keep at least 3 months (but you’ll love it so much, it won’t last that long 🙂
Looking for other homemade lotions?
I love learning how to create things from scratch, so I know what ingredients go into everything from homemade face scrubs to clean eating recipes. I enjoy sharing my favorite recipes with other families so they can have a healthier home, too!