I have been a huge advocate of DIY Face Mask and Homemade Exfoliating Face Scrubs for almost 10 years now.
If you have wanted to learn how to make DIY Face Masks using all natural ingredients, many found in your refrigerator or pantry, here are 11 homemade recipes you’ll absolutely love.
I have tried a ton of diy face masks over the years and wanted to share my favorites!
DIY Face Masks
Homemade Dead Sea Mud Mask
Dead sea salt has been known for providing relief for eczema and acne, and includes 21 beneficial minerals that help cleanse, soften, and detoxify the skin.
- 1 tsp dead sea mineral salt
- 2 tsp bentonite clay
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- Combine dead sea mineral salt, bentonite clay, yogurt and tea tree oil in a small bowl. Add water, 1 tsp at a time, until ingredients form into a spreadable clay.
- Apply to clean facial skin and allow to dry (the mask will turn a lighter color) – about 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and apply a natural moisturizer.
Learn more about the Homemade Dead Sea Mud Mask here.
Homemade Strawberry and Honey Face Mask
If you are looking to protect your skin against damages from the skin (think wrinkles), this is the face mask for you. This DIY face mask also helps soften and moisturize the skin, with some saying it provides brightening effects as well.
- 2 – 3 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and place in a bowl. Use a fork to mash the strawberries. Stir in honey.
- Apply a layer to the facial skin – lay down for 15 – 20 minutes – and let dry. Turn on some good music or read a good book to pass the time! Once dry, take a wet cloth and gently wipe away.
- Rub on a thin layer of olive oil or coconut oil onto the facial skin for an extra moisturizer, if needed.
Read more about Homemade Strawberry Honey Face Mask here.
Homemade Rose Clay Face Mask
This diy face mask, made with rose clay, helps remove impurities and excessive oils from the facial skin. The kaolin clay is highly absorbent, which reduces toxins and other contaminants on the skin.
- 2 tbsp rose clay
- 1 tbsp water
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl, mixing until it forms a thick paste. Add more water if too dry, add more clay if too wet.
- Apply to clean face and allow to dry, about 15 minutes. Gently rinse face until clay is gone. Apply a moisturizer if needed.
Read more about a Homemade Rose Clay Face Mask.
DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask
Due to activated charcoal’s highly absorbent nature, it can help absorb and remove bacteria, chemicals, and other build up on the facial skin.
DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask
- 1 tsp Activated Charcoal Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bentonite Clay
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- 1 tsp water
Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl. Apply liberally to clean face, avoiding eyes and mouth. Allow to dry for 10 minutes, then remove with warm water.
If needed, add a dab of olive oil or coconut oil to the skin to moisturize afterwards.
Read more about the DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask here.
Strawberry & Sweet Potato Anti Aging Face Mask
If you’re looking for an anti-aging face mask, this recipe is rich in antioxidants and cell regulators.
- 1/2 sweet potato, cooked, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large strawberries, stem removed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tablets vitamin E oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Apply liberally to clean face, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Allow to sit and dry for 20 minutes. Rinse clean with warm water.
- Dab on a little olive oil or coconut oil, if additional moisturizer is needed.
Learn more about this mask here: Homemade Anti Aging Face Mask
Carrot and Coconut Oil Face Mask
For this face mask, carrots provide a natural antiseptic and Beta-carotene, which help smooth the skin and reduce wrinkles. It can also help hydrate and moisturize the facial skin.
- 1 carrot, washed with top removed
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- Roughly chop carrot into 5 or so chunks
- Bring about 1″ of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add carrots, reduce heat to low, cover and steam for 8-10 minutes
- Drain water and add carrots to food processor or blender. Add coconut oil and blend until smooth, like a puree
- Apply carrot and coconut oil face mask to clean face, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Allow to set about 15-20 minutes
- Wash face with warm water, and gently wipe off any remaining bits with a wash cloth.
- If you need a moisturizer, apply a little coconut oil or olive oil.
You can read more about the Carrot and Coconut Oil Face Mask here.
Moisturizing & Exfoliating Strawberry Face Mask
If you’re looking for a simple mask that is packed with Vitamin C, while providing intense moisture for the skin, then you’ll love this recipe.
- 3 strawberries, washed with tops removed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp uncooked oats
- Put all ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until mixed and oats are a bit broken up.
- Apply to clean face (avoiding the eyes), and leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse and gently wipe dry with a towel
Find the recipe for my Strawberry Face Mask here.
Matcha Tea Face Mask
This DIY Matcha Tea Face Mask may help remove puffiness, get rid of acne and other blemishes or sunspots.
- Small glass jar for storage
- Coconut oil
- Matcha tea
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Water, ifneeded
Visit ACultivatedNest.com to for full directions on how to make this mask!
DIY Blackhead Face Mask
Blackheads can be extremely frustratingly hard to get rid of. Try this Easy DIY Blackhead Busting Face Mask to get rid of them naturally!
- Activated Charcoal
- Baking Soda
- Bentonite Clay
- Several drops of water or witch hazel
Visit ExtremeCouponingMom.ca for full instructions on how to make this diy blackhead mask!
Homemade Radiant Skin Mud Mask
This mud mask may help purify your skin, helping it look healthy and radiant naturally.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Bentonite Clay
- Frankincense Essential Oil
Visit Saving Dollars and Sense for the full instructions on how to make this beneficial mask!
Fiona McBean says
ThankYou Andrea!! LOVE THIS!
Thank you so much!!! I love knowing what is in them. And how easy they are to make!
This varieties of colours and class got me smiling because am putting them into practice. Thumbs 👆
Sya De Silva says
It’s great..Thank you so much
Debra Sylvest says
Thank you so much for these recipes! I love DIY skin care! Would it be ok if I share these in my DIY Skincare Facebook group? Please let me know.
Thanks again and God Bless💛
Hi Debra –
I love DIY facemasks, and it’s the first time I see a lot of these! I’m definitely trying them asap 🙂 I’ll also pin it to get back at it this week, thank you!
I love the idea of making your own face mask as you know exactly what it in it and can avoid nasty stuff.
Mardene Carr says
Oh wow, I love this. I am saving this for further consideration. Thank you so much for sharing, I can almost smell it
I truly believe that what we should put on our skin something that is nutritious and edible too. These recipes is not yummy but perfect on our faces too.
Sara Welch says
I have all the ingredients for this! I know what I am doing tomorrow!
I used to look for homemade facial recipes all the time. I think I’ll pin this so I can give some of them a try!