DIY lip scrubs are a lovely thing. They exfoliate and energize your lips, removing dead skin, and leaving behind clean and well moisturized lips.
They’re even more fun when you combine yummy flavors together, like coffee, vanilla and sugar.
It’s pretty simple. You can whip up a batch right before you’re ready to use it, or combine the ingredients, and keep the scrub in a little lip balm jar in the fridge for up to a week.
Table of Contents
Vanilla Latte Lip Scrub
- 1 tsp unbrewed coffee grinds
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Lather generously on the lips, gently rubbing into the skin for 60 – 90 seconds. Rinse with warm water, and pat dry. Add a small dab of coconut oil or a good homemade lip balm when you’re all done.
DIY Vanilla Latte Lip Scrub
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Lather generously around lips, gently rubbing into the skin for 60 – 90 seconds. Rinse with warm water, and pat dry. Add a small dab of coconut oil or a good homemade lip balm when you’re all done.
How it works:
I generally like to include a little blurb about my recipes, so you know why you’re using particular ingredients. Here is why I chose these ingredients:
- The coffee acts as a natural exfoliant, which may help remove dead skin and clean clogged pores around the lips. It’s also invigorating and smells great.
- The addition of honey helps add moisture to dry lips, and may help heal damaged skin.
- The vanilla extract is really just for flavor… feel free to omit it!
- The olive oil is another natural moisturizer, and may help keep skin looking youthful.
- The sugar cane is a natural exfoliant, and lends a pleasant sweet flavor to the mix.
If you’re not a fan of coffee, there are lots of other lip scrubs to try! These are fun to do at home, but they also are a super fun activity for bridal showers or birthday parties.