This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HelloFreshPics #CollectiveBias #cbias
School started a few weeks ago, and I am still in disbelief at how busy we have been! I am a working single mom to a 6-year-old and 16-month-old, and am also finishing up my Master’s degree, so time is something that is in short supply around my home!
Trying to balance everything can be a challenge most days, so I decided to create a structured and organized after-school schedule this week. One thing that has really helped me keep my schedule this week is using HelloFresh for dinner!
After-School Schedule for the Working Parent
I know the guilt that can come from being a working parent. You want to spend as much time with your children as possible, but there are only so many non-working hours in a day.
Additionally, there are things that have to be done, such as prepping meals for the family, laundry, helping your children do homework, and attempting to keep somewhat of a clean house.
I decided to structure my evenings so I could get everything I needed done, while allowing plenty of downtime with my children. Here is my after-school schedule:
- As soon as we get home, I give my kids a drink and a healthy snack. While they’re snacking, I pick up the house, load the dishwasher, start laundry (if needed) and unpack my daughter’s backpack.
- Once my kids are done with their snack, I spend about 20 minutes talking and playing with them, which is one of my favorite parts of the day!
- Then I start dinner. I like to make meals that can be cooked and ready to eat in only 30 minutes, which is why I loved my HelloFresh meals this week!
- Once dinner is made, we all sit together and enjoy dinner. Another personal favorite part of my day!
- After dinner, we do baths.
- Then it’s story time! I read 3 stories to my son, then lay him down in his crib for bed.
- Once my son is asleep, I give my daughter 30 minutes of television time, while I clean up after dinner and have a glass of wine 🙂
- Right around 8:00, I read 3 more advanced stories to my daughter. Although, she has been able to read to me lately, which has been fun! After her three stories, she goes to bed.
- Then it’s totally mom time! It’s usually around 8:30, and I have a couple hours to pay bills, do homework, or catch up on Grey’s Anatomy.
- Right before bed, I pick out my clothes for the next day (and if you don’t know this yet, learn how to hang sweaters), so I’m set when I wake up!
What is HelloFresh
HelloFresh delivers weekly recipes and fresh ingredients to your doorstep to help you create healthy and easy homemade meals throughout the week. They develop, test and make sure their recipes are perfect for your kitchen, so all you have to do is spend 30 minutes putting it all together, and your family is ready to eat a healthy and easy homemade meal!
I have been eyeing HelloFresh for a while, as the concept seemed incredibly appealing to me. Someone else does all of the meal prepping, shopping, and all I have to do is cook and assemble the meal… that sounds perfect! I love to cook, and it is important to me to feed my family nutritious, well-balanced meals. The time savings of HelloFresh has been amazing this week!
HelloFresh boxes come with pre-measured ingredients so there is little or no waste, and the recipes are nutritionally balanced: each including fresh vegetables, a protein and a starch. They even have their own in-house R.D. to approve their recipes, and include a complete nutritional profile beside each recipe. They also have allergens listed by each recipe, which is greatly appreciated in my nut-free household 🙂
This week, I was able to try out three healthy and easy homemade meals with HelloFresh! The first was:
Meal 1: Roasted Pork with Balsamic Fig Sauce, Green Beans and Rosemary Potatoes
Let me just say, this meal literally made my day better! I had a blast prepping and cooking the meal in only 30 minutes, and oooh, the wonderful smells that happened when I was cooking. It is seriously one of the best things I have eaten this year. I mean, I consider myself a pretty good cook, but I am definitely keeping this recipe to replicate next time I want to impress someone!
I also loved the perfect portions of ingredients and found it easy to assemble!
Meal 2: Jamie’s Oozy Shrimp Risotto with Tomato & Chile
I will admit that I have tried making riosotto on a few occasions before, and have never been particularly successful, but this was amazing! It’s no wonder it’s a fantastic recipe, considering Chef Jamie Oliver teamed up with HelloFresh to help people create new exciting recipes!
Meal 3: Caramelized-Pineapple Burgers
I have made quite a few burgers in my life, but this was definitely one of the best burgers I have made! The pineapple relish is simple to make, yet imparts such wonderful, well-balanced flavors. It’s served with a side of coleslaw that my son went absolutely crazy for!
I have already been looking at their website for next week’s meals, because I can’t wait to see what’s on the menu!
Try it Out and Grab a Discount
I am super excited to share a discount on HelloFresh so you can share these healthy and easy homemade meals with your family!