Learning how to use a bath bomb is easy! Keep reading to find out more.
Bath bombs are a special, indulgent treat in a bath that makes the whole experience better. They smell wonderful, they can even color your bath water, and some have oils in them that will hydrate and nourish your skin.
If you’ve never used a bath bomb before, don’t worry, it’s super easy! Here is how.
How to Use a Bath Bomb
- Plug your bath tub.
- Fill the bath with warm water (or whatever temperature you prefer).
- Once the bath is full, get in the tub.
- Add the bath bomb and watch it fizz and bubble!
- Soak in the tub for 20 minutes, or longer, if you like.
- After you’re done soaking, drain the water and use a cloth to wipe down the bathtub, if there is any dye or oil residue.
That’s the basics of how to use a bath bomb!
Which Bath Bombs to Use
There is no shortage of options when it comes to picking bath bombs. They’re sold on Amazon, Whole Foods, and likely even your local grocery store.
I like to shop at Amazon, because it’s super convenient and I don’t have to leave my house! These are my favorite natural bath bombs to buy. They’re made with coconut and hemp oils and smell like eucalyptus and lavender.
You can also make your own bath bombs! Here is a recipe for my favorite DIY Bath Bombs with Lavender Essential Oil.
Kids love bath bombs, too! I love making bath bombs for kids with hidden toys inside. It makes bath time ultra fun. 😉
Other Tips for How to Enjoy your Bath
Bath bombs can be expensive and a special treat, so get the most from your experience with these other ideas:
- Consider grabbing a good book to read while you relax.
- Grab a drink, such as a glass of wine, champagne, or hot tea.
- Use a bath pillow or place a soft towel behind your head and neck, then lean back and relax.
- Play some calming music while you bathe, such as classical piano music or nature sounds.
- Before starting your bath, try applying a homemade face mask that you can leave on while you soak, and rinse off after your bath is done.
- For an extra scented bath, try diffusing some essential oils nearby while you soak. A combination of lavender and peppermint essential oil is my favorite.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of a bath bomb?
Bath bombs provide a spa-like bathing experience, adding colors, fragrances, and fun to your bath. They fizz and bubble, while releasing relaxing scents in the air and sometimes color the bath water.
Do you need to shower after a bath bomb?
You do not need to rinse off in the shower after a bath bomb, but if you happen to be using one with a lot of color or glitter, you may want to rinse off so none of it stays on your skin.
Do you need to remove the plastic cover on a bath bomb?
Yes! The plastic on bath bombs does not dissolve, so you need to remove and discard the plastic before adding the bomb to the water.
Can you wash your hair with bath bomb water?
There isn’t anything harmful about washing your hair in the water, but if your bath bomb has a lot of oils in it, it may make your hair greasy. If you choose to wash your hair in bath water, I recommend rinsing your hair off in the shower afterwards to rinse away any excess oils.
Can you cut a bath bomb in half?
Yep! Bath bombs can be expensive, so you can double the life of a bath bomb by cutting it in half. Just use a serrated knife to carefully cut it in half.