This week, I am trying out a few recipes featuring Elderberries!
As I mentioned last week, Elderberries are jam-packed full of anti-oxidants, they reduce the duration of the flu, and they are an impressive immune booster.
The daily recommended dose of Elderberry Juice for health benefits is 2 teaspoons of juice per day. I love when I can combine healthy with delicious!! This morning, I made my family some yummy Elderberry French Toast!
Here’s what you need:
- 6 slices of thick French bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp elderberry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Elderberry jelly
- 1 – 2 tsp water
Here’s how you do it:
- Heat pan or griddle to medium-high.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, elderberry juice and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Add elderberry jelly and water to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low, stirring frequently until melted and syrupy. Add more water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in pan or griddle.
- Dip french bread in egg batter, and place in pan. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute a side.
- Remove syrup from heat and pour over french toast while still hot.
If you’re looking for Elderberry Juice, Jelly or Jam, I highly recommend NormsFarms! They have high-quality ingredients and specialize in all things elderberries!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.