This is a pretty simple recipe. I start by boiling the corn, chopping up my ingredients, and separating them into individual bowls (based on what veggies will cook together).
You can certainly choose to use frozen corn kernels if you don’t want to boil a cob, if that is your preference. Just skip the first step of the recipe.
Then you just add them to the pan, in order, and that’s it!
A fresh, bright, flavorful and healthy summer dish!
- 1 corn on the cob
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, diced (discard top and bottom)
- 1-4 jalapenos, diced (stem removed)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cob of corn and cook 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice your other vegetables.
- When the corn is cooked, use a knife to cut the kernels off the cob.
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add jalapenos, bell pepper and onion. Saute 5-7 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add zucchini and cook an additional 5-7 minutes, until zucchini starts to soften.
- Add tomatoes and corn, and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes or until warmed through. Add cilantro, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe was shared on Simple Meals Friday