I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Rubbermaid. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
The holidays are finally here! I am not ashamed to say that my favorite past-time during this time of year is, well, eating delicious foods and spending time with family.
During Thanksgiving and Christmas, we usually have several parties to go to, and since I love to cook and never want to show up empty handed, I always bring food!
I personally love to bring appetizers that my friends and family can munch on while waiting for the main course. My favorite dish to bring is deviled eggs, and I have the best recipe for deviled eggs! My secret is to roast a red pepper, blend it up, and add it to the filling. It gives it a little spicy and smoky flavor, and gives it a nice red tone.
One thing I have struggled with over the years is trying to figure out how to transport deviled eggs. With an oval-shaped bottom, they roll during travel, and end up an unsightly mess.
This year, I was delighted to discover the Rubbermaid® Party Serving Kit, which is an all-in-one food serving container that securely transports a variety of popular party foods, such as cupcakes, mini cupcakes, deviled eggs, cookies, and pies. The serving kits include interchangeable inserts that have grooves in them to nest your delightful treats to ensure they arrive to your destination, in perfect shape. The Rubbermaid® Party Serving Kit is 100% BPA free, dishwasher safe, and is easy to store.
I also love to bring cut up veggies and hummus as an appetizer, because it is easy to prepare and is so visually appealing. You can also use pre-cut vegetables from the market to save time, or buy them whole and cut them yourself, if budget is more of a concern. Most pre-made hummus mixtures are really great, or you can whip up your own homemade hummus.
Transporting a veggie plate can get a bit tricky as well. This year, I am using Rubbermaid® Party Platter, which has large divided sections to separate veggies, crackers, fruits, meats or cheeses, and a leak-proof Twist & Seal™ container to hold dips, such as hummus, ranch, or fruit dip. It creates a tight seal to keep your food fresh, and is also 100% BPA free, and is microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe! Once you arrive to your destination, just remove the lid, and the guests are ready to enjoy your platter!
Be sure to check out my best recipe deviled eggs below. I hope you (and your party guests) enjoy these as much as I do!
Best Recipe Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 squirt of sriracha (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a large pot, fill with enough water to cover eggs, and bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs set in the hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs to a bowl, allow to cool, then peel.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place red bell pepper on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 15 - 25 minutes, or until skin gets wrinkled and is starting to char. Remove from oven, and allow to cool. Remove peel, stem and seeds, and puree the remaining flesh in a blender or food processor.
- Slice the eggs in half, length-wise, and remove the yolks with a spoon, and place yolks into a small bowl. Set the egg white halves in your Rubbermaid party serving kit or a platter.
- To the yolks, add pureed red pepper, mayo, mustard, sriracha, salt and pepper. Mash and mix well, until no clumps remain. Spoon mixture into a quart-sized plastic baggie. Cut a hole in one of the bottom corners, and squeeze egg yolk mixture into the egg white shells.
Be sure to check out Organized 31 for more tips to transport holiday food!
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Posts may contain affiliate links, which helps me buy supplies to make more great posts to share! Please see my Disclaimer Section for additional information.